The ideas for the Priority Programme have been developed during summer 2014 by the group of initiators
- Christian Becker (Universität Mannheim),
- Thorsten Herfet (Universität des Saarlandes),
- Sandra Hirche (TU München),
- Rüdiger Kays (TU Dortmund),
- Wolfgang Kellerer (TU München),
- Slawomir Stanczak (TU Berlin), and
- Klaus Wehrle (RWTH Aachen).
This lead to the proposal for the Priority Programme “Cyber-Physical Networking”, which has been submitted to DFG in October 2014. In March 2015 the DFG announced the acceptance; the call for project proposals for the first phase was then published in June 2015 with the deadline for submission in November 2015. The proposal review took place at RWTH Aachen University in February 2016. The Priority Programme started with a kick-off meeting on October 21, 2016 in Munich.